General Rules on Behaviour
- Students should come to the college neatly and decently dressed.
- Gathering in groups at entrance, exit, pathways, staircases, gardens and gateway is strictly forbidden.
- On entering the class, students will observe strict silence irrespective of the presence or absence of the teacher.
- Students will not be permitted to leave the class or laboratory without the permission of the teacher.
- Students are expected to read the notice put up on the college notice board.
- Ignorance of any notice thus displayed will not be accepted as an excuse for failing to comply with direction contained in it.
- No society, association or club shall be formed without the prior written permission of the principal.
- No student shall put up or cause to put up any notice without the approval of the principal. Students are expected to take proper care of the college property and help in keeping premise neat and clean. Disfiguring the walls and doors or breaking the furniture is a breach of discipline and will be severely punished.
- The cost of any so caused will be recovered from the students collectively in responsibility for it cannot be fixed on any individual or individuals.
- Cell phones are not allowed in class rooms and hostels.
- Violation will result in dismissal of the student.
- Student shall not take law into their hands with the employees of the college. All complains about them made to the principal and HODs.
- No student of one class shall enter any other class under any pretext.
- No outsider can visit a student without the permission of H.O.D or principal.
- In general students are expected to bring good name and reputation to the college with their good behavior. Any student acting contrary to this rules will be dealt with seriously.
Anti Ragging Committee
“Ragging is any disorderly conduct, whether by words spoken or written, or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any student, indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities which cause or are likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or junior student and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the psyche of a fresher or a junior student”.
- Supreme Court of India
Eve teasing and ragging are strictly prohibited
- All students should produce their identity cards whenever asked for.
- The principal has the undisputed authority to penalize or dismiss or suspend any misbehaving student.
- Group clashes, violence, assaults and indecent behavior towards teacher and non teaching staff are considered serious offense for which punishments like suspension or expulsion is affected.
- Decision of the principal is final with regard to interpret the offense and punishment.
- The principal may alter or amend the above rules or add further rules from time to time for smooth functioning of the college. The principal’s interpretation of rules is final.
Rules To Be Followed In The College Bus
- All the passengers or visitors must get the bus pass from the office.
- Strict silence should be maintained in the bus.
- The bus pass will be cancelled if the student misbehaves in the bus.
- Principal through bus committee has every power to change the timing of the bus if necessary
- It is obligatory for all the students of the college to become the members of the library.
- The library will remain open from 8:45am to 5:30pm on all working days.
- Silence should be maintained strictly in the library.
- Library staff members are empowered to stop any activity in the library which they consider prejudicial to the safety, well being or security of readers or the preservation of the collection.
- UG students can borrow two books and PG students can borrow only three books.
- Books will be issued only on production of the library card and these cards will be supplied to the students by the college, at the beginning of the academic year.
- Every student is entitled to keep the book for 15 days. It should be renewed on or before the due date specified on the due day slip. However it may be re-issued to the same person if it is not wanted by someone else.
- A student failing to return a book on the due date will be fined one rupee per day from the due date.
- If the due date falls on a holiday, the next working will be taken as the due date.
- A book may be recalled at any time by the librarian.
- Students should take good care of the library book. If a student happens to lose any book she shall replace the same book or pay double the cost of the book.